How The Wheel of Life Can Help You to Realize your Dream Life
How to get a life
If you want to live your Dream Life you first need to know what your dreams are… and you can describe them is different aspects of life: financially, ambition, love and relationships.. etc. So this article will help you to find your dreams and set goals to realize your dream life.
“The life is not just working or entertainment. It should have plenty of “everything”.”
How to get a life When life is very busy and all your energy is focused on special projects, its not that hard to find yourself “off-balanced “, not being able to pay enough attention to important areas of your life. While it is necessary to have drive and focus if you are going to get things done, taking things too far can lead to intense stress and frustration.
That is when it’s time to take a look at “The Wheel of Life”. Take a “helicopter view” of your life so that you can bring things under control and lead a balanced life. Usually used by professional life coaches, it helps you consider each area of your life individually and understand what is off balanced.
There are three steps that you need to understand to know how the wheel of life works.
The wheel of life helps you not to lose sight of major areas of your life which we often do not believe to be so important.
Grade yourself against each area in the wheel of life between the range of “very bad” and “excellent”. See where you are now and start moving towards excellence.
Set goals for each area, achieve them, mark the goals that you have achieved and set new ones accordingly. Every goal you plan and achieve can revolutionize your life.
So, why is the wheel of life important?
The wheel of life is powerful because it gives you a unique visual representation o the way your life is currently compared to the way you would like it to be. As each area of life is mapped on a circle like a spoke of a wheel, it is called “Wheel of life”.
Using the tool
- Areas of life that are important to you: For example: education, career, positive attitude, financial freedom etc
- The role you play in your life for example: Mother/Father, Husband/wife, friend, Team leader, Colleague etc
- Your own combination of these or different things depending upon the priorities in your life.
2. Write down these dimensions on the diagram of wheel of life, one on each spoke of the wheel.
3. Consider each area individually and rate them on a scale of 0(low) to 5(high). Write down the amount of attention you are devoting to that particular area of your life. Rate each score on the appropriate spoke of your wheel of life.
4. Join all the marks around the circle and check if your life wheel is looking balanced!!
5. Now, consider you ideal level in each area of your life. A balanced life doesn’t mean that you should get all 5′s in each area of life wheel. At any given time, some areas will need more attention and focus than others. And for sure, you need to make choices and compromises. So the question here is what would be your ideal level of attention for each life area?
Think about it and plot “idea” scores around your wheel of life.
6. Now you can see a clear visual representation of your ideal life balance and current life balance.
7. Check for the differences between both these pictures and you will realize the areas of your life that need attention
8. Once you identified the areas that need extra attention, it is time for you to act to regain the balance in your life. Starting with the most neglected areas, what things you need to start doing to retain balanced life? Can you stop doing or delegate it to some one or reprioritize those things? Make a commitment and start acting on it immediately.
The wheel of life is a very powerful tool to help you improve your life balance. It helps you to quickly identify the areas in your life that need more attention and also helps you understand where you might want to cut back.
Career and life coaching can be the wonderful ways of doing this. With the support of your own, personal coach, you will find it much easier to thing through and maintain a balanced life.